The office of Dr. Jerry Farrell is where you can comfortably and efficiently receive a lasting, healthy smile. Restorative dentistry in Johnson City will:Dr. Jerry Farrell on Restorative Dentistry Read Transcript
I think that restorative dentistry, in the simplest sense, is restoring the normal form and function to a tooth and putting it back into the shape that we all learned about in school. What happens when the tooth's not in the right spot and you've got to work with something that's either missing or in trouble down below? Those are another level of restorative dentistry. How do we restore something when the teeth on either side are messed up, those little kinds of things? But the higher level of restorative dentistry would be akin to a woodworker who makes cabinets that he's kind of working with wood like a framer, carpenter is, but a cabinet maker's going to be a little bit more reverent about the art part of it—in the details of it.
That language in dentistry, for me, is restoring body integrity and the proper form and function, but how it fits into the whole smile and how it fits into their budget, how it fits into what their fears and concerns are. So it's another opportunity to take care of people while it looks like we're taking care of their tooth. I'm kind of wanting to bang around on the solution like a cabinet maker or a fine woodworker is trying to do. It's another opportunity to work on it like you're working on a guitar, piece of wood, or a violin. That opportunity's there in restorative dentistry, if you can get there with a person.
- Quickly relieve any dental pain you’re in and prevent it from coming back
- Provide you with a strong, fully functioning smile if you have damaged or missing teeth
- Improve your oral health, which is directly related to your overall well-being
- Enhance your appearance and boost your confidence
Call 607-304-3993 now to make an appointment at our office. Dr. Farrell will listen closely to your concerns, examine your mouth, then provide the ideal treatments to create your new smile.
Using patient-friendly technology like digital X-rays, Dr. Farrell will determine which of the following services are best for your smile:
- Tooth Fillings – Dr. Farrell offers tooth-colored fillings to “fill in” the space in your tooth after it’s been treated for a cavity. The filling will look natural in your smile and strengthen your tooth so you can comfortably chew.
- Root Canals – Though they seem intimidating, root canals provide multiple benefits. They end the dental pain you may be suffering from, since damaged pulp inside the tooth is typically the cause of discomfort. The pulp can be easily removed with a root canal. This treatment also ensures the optimal health of your other teeth.
- Dental Crowns – Dental crowns are “caps” that we place over your teeth after you’ve received root canal treatment or to protect damaged teeth. Dr. Farrell has an in-house porcelain lab to quickly provide you with these strong, natural-looking restorations.
- Dental Bridges – If you’re missing one tooth or just a few teeth, a dental bridge will fill in the gap. You’ll smile more confidently and have an easier time chewing your food.
- Dental Veneers – These durable covers are a fast and noninvasive way to conceal cosmetic issues such as stains and structural problems like chips and cracks. They’re customized to look perfectly natural over the front of your teeth.
Regain A Complete Smile With Dental Implants
Whether you’re missing one tooth or need to have all of them replaced, we offer dental implants as a long-lasting solution. These replacement tooth roots fuse to your jawbone to provide a strong anchor for beautiful replacement teeth. You can:
- Feel much better about your smile
- Enjoy improved oral health
- Chew any foods you like
Receive Total Comfort & Excellent Patient Care
Our friendly staff will always be at your side to make your appointments pleasant. You can always ask us to pause during a procedure or ask any questions while you’re here. No matter which procedure you receive, we can ease your nerves and help you relax with dental sedation.