Though Dr. Jerry Farrell will always look for a more conservative option to improve your smile, sometimes oral surgery in Johnson City is the best way to improve the health of your mouth. Many patients are afraid of encountering discomfort at the dentist office. You needn’t be here!Dr. Jerry Farrell on oral surgery Read Transcript
As we're doing extractions but trying to maintain the height of the bone and avoid disfigurement that happens from boney changes, we're doing grafts and suturing. There's so many things that we can do. We can take loss of a tooth and put in a titanium reinforced membrane that will rebuild that, if we use different kinds of bone grafts. And you start out doing implants but what you find out after about 50 implants is that you have to know about grafting and surgery and oral surgery.
Grafting and the surgery part of dentistry has become huge and necessary because you can only do the clean problems when you can only do the easy implants, and they are less and less the picture when you're doing real care because people have complicated problems that they've let go far too long and you're inheriting a lot of hot potato problems that need help, and you better have that set of surgery tools in your pocket. It's really perio—it really is periodontal care, it's a version of endodontic care—the fixing of those problems is under a number of umbrellas. It's part oral surgery, it's part periodontics, it's part implantology, and that's a blast, I love it, I love the art of it. And what you can do is find a good dentist first, somebody you trust and enjoy, and then we kind of work through the tough love, fun things that we gotta do to get that gorgeous smile back.
At our office, you’ll benefit from:
- A dentist who has performed countless extractions and other surgical procedures in his nearly 40 years of practice
- Safe dental sedation to keep you calm, comfortable, and relaxed
- Advanced equipment like digital X-rays that we use to plan and perform your procedures
Some patients are coping with daily dental pain that only becomes worse without care. If you’re dealing with dental discomfort, it’s time to speak with Dr. Farrell. Your consultation with him will result in a pain-free smile that you don’t have to fret over every day. Call 607-304-3993 to make an appointment today.
We Provide Multiple Oral Surgery Procedures
Your comfort will always come first. Even during your initial exam, you will feel no discomfort while Dr. Farrell assesses your smile to determine which of our of oral surgery services can help. If you’re nervous during any visit or procedure, we offer dental sedation to help you relax while remaining awake to ask us questions or request anything you need.
Once you’re completely comfortable and resting easy in our chair, Dr. Farrell can provide:
- Tooth extractions to rid your smile of damaged or problem-causing teeth that can’t be saved, whether they’ve been harmed by decay or injuries
- Wisdom teeth removal to protect your smile from the pain and dental issues wisdom teeth can cause
- Bone grafts to strengthen the bone in your jaw, which will allow you to receive dental implants
- Ridge augmentation to also help you receive dental implants, preserve bone mass in your jaw, and correct appearance issues with your jawline
- Gum grafts to correct any damage caused by gum recession and provide a more natural-looking gumline