Dental implants in Johnson City don’t just replace your missing teeth so you can confidently smile. They benefit your oral and overall health in many ways, which makes them somewhat of a dental miracle. Dr. Jerry Farrell offers implant dentistry to:Doctor Jerry Farrell on Dental Implants Read Transcript
Prior to implants, the only way of restoring the integrity of your bite and your smile was either removable—removable partial dentures or full dentures. And fully, a third to half of people wearing lower dentures don't wear them, they don't fit. So, implants allow us to put back supports in the bone in ways that are fantastically predictable. People now are doing hips and knees and there's no discussion of whether it's gonna work because with the advent of titanium, and the technology whereby bone osteo integrates and grows right onto the titanium, most of those studies were done in the mouth because of the ready access to bone.
So dental implants are around—worked out, not experimental. They don't decay. We're at the point where they're a genuine tool and again, using them as the foundation for dental solutions or problems that people have, it's beautiful. It's something that we do every day. It's painless. That, plus bone grafting techniques that sound scary but allow us to preserve bone in the loss of teeth—a little technicalbut important to knowbecause the bigger problems with implants are not whether they work, it's what we inherit and where can we find places to put them. It's a fantastic tool worked out, but if done under the umbrella of a big plan, it's kind of a beautiful time. Dentistry's got a lot of tools to help people at this stage of the game.
- Provide you with beautiful new teeth you can be proud of
- Improve your ability to chew so you can eat any foods you wish, including nutritious foods such as apples and nuts
- Aid your digestive process due to your increased chewing ability
- Enhance your oral health by strengthening your jawbone
- Prevent other dental issues that arise from missing teeth for too long
Dr. Farrell has nearly three decades of experience providing dental implants and performs this treatment every day. He will quickly determine if this long-term dental solution is right for you. Call 607-304-3993 today to schedule a consultation at our office.
Discover The Best Dental Implants For You
Dental implants restore your smile if you’re missing one tooth or need to replace all of them. Dr. Farrell can even provide oral surgery procedures to help you receive them if your jaw isn’t strong enough to support them. We offer two types of implants:
- Traditional dental implants, which are titanium replacement tooth roots that are gently positioned into your jaw. The implants naturally fuse to your jawbone to serve as dependable, long-lasting anchors for replacement teeth.
- Mini dental implants, which are a smaller version of traditional implants. These are used if you don’t have enough bone mass in your jaw to support regular implants. You can still benefit from a fully functioning smile!
Receive Your Treatment With The Utmost Comfort
Dr. Farrell makes sure you’re a good candidate for implants by first taking digital X-rays of your mouth. These are safer and clearer than traditional X-rays, and they allow him to place the implants where they will best benefit your smile. If you require tooth removal, which is common for many patients receiving full-arch implants, Dr. Farrell will gently perform the procedure. He may also recommend bone grafts to enhance the strength of your jaw for implant placement.
During any procedure, you will feel relaxed and experience no discomfort. We provide local anesthesia as well as safe dental sedation to ensure you remain stress-free and pain-free.
Call 607-304-3993 for dental implants in Johnson City. A beautiful, strong smile can be yours soon!