General dentistry is a combination of preventative and restorative care. If you’re dealing with a current dental issue, we’ll solve it. If we notice a potential problem that you might not even be aware of, we’ll recommend treatment, then quickly and comfortably provide it.Dr. Jerry Farrell on General Dentistry Read Transcript
General dentistry is like general car care. Windshield wipers, oil changes, lube oil, filter, my lighter doesn't work, this light bulb's out… it’s your basic services that are about taking care of peoples' every day needs. “I chipped this tooth,”“This hurts,”“My teeth need to be cleaned.“ It's your basic, first tier about taking care of things. To me, that's general dentistry. Obviously, there's more aspects to it, but that's how I would say it to a sharp 10-year-old kid asking me that question.
Dr. Jerry Farrell provides comfortable general dentistry to prevent dental issues and ensure your family’s smiles are in the best shape possible.
Dental problems usually become serious because of delayed care. If you or your family members avoid visiting the dentist for checkups, your oral health suffers. That’s why Dr. Jerry Farrell and our team make sure your visits to our Johnson City, NY dentist office are as pleasant as possible. We want you and your loved ones to return for regular visits so we can keep your smiles looking and feeling excellent!
Call 607-304-3993 today to schedule your first no-fuss visit or ask any questions. Our friendly staff members are here to help!
Maintain a Healthy Smile with Routine Care
Dr. Farrell helps by offering:
- Dental cleanings and exams to gently rid your teeth of plaque and tartar that you can’t do on your own at home, and to fully look at your mouth’s condition
- Dental sealants to provide a protective shield over your teeth and prevent decay
- Fluoride treatment and fluoride varnish to combat bacteria from affecting your smile; this is especially useful for young patients, who are more susceptible to cavities
- Non-surgical gum disease treatment to eliminate and prevent any gum-related pain you’re experiencing and preserve the health of your gums and teeth; scaling and root planing are provided to ensure your gums are completely free of bacteria
- Athletic mouthguards, which are customized to perfectly fit your mouth and provide the most comfortable and effective protection during activities
During any potentially uncomfortable procedure, Dr. Jerry Farrell will make sure the area of your mouth being worked on is numbed. If you or a family member are nervous to visit us, we also offer safe dental sedation to help you or your loved one fully relax.
After receiving his Doctor of Dental Medicine from Fairleigh Dickinson University in 1982, Dr. Farrell went on to start a private practice of his own. Over time, he has had many achievements like the fellowship, International College of Craniomandibular Orthopaedics (ICCMO), certification in Invisalign orthodontic treatment, and more.
Call 607-304-3993 to schedule your appointment with Dr. Jerry Farrell today or use our easy online form to book a visit. We’re here to answer any questions you may have, and we are ready to provide you with excellent dental care.