General dentistry is a combination of preventive and restorative care. If you’re dealing with a dental issue, we’ll solve it. If we notice a potential problem that you may or may not be aware of, we’ll recommend treatment, then quickly and comfortably provide it. Dr. Jerry Farrell offers comfortable general dentistry in Johnson City to:Dr. Jerry Farrell on General Dentistry Read Transcript
General dentistry is like general car care. Windshield wipers, oil changes, lube oil, filter, my lighter doesn't work, this light bulb's out… it’s your basic services that are about taking care of peoples' every day needs. “I chipped this tooth,”“This hurts,”“My teeth need to be cleaned.“ It's your basic, first tier about taking care of things. To me, that's general dentistry. Obviously, there's more aspects to it, but that's how I would say it to a sharp 10-year-old kid asking me that question.
- Prevent dental issues and ensure your family’s smiles are in the best shape possible
- Find dental problems in their early stages, when they are easy to treat
- Improve your oral health and your overall health
Dental problems usually become serious because of delayed care. If you or your family members avoid visiting the dentist for checkups, your oral health suffers. That’s why Dr. Farrell and our team make sure your visits to our office are as pleasant as possible. We want you and your loved ones to return for regular visits so we can keep your smiles looking and feeling excellent!
Call 607-304-3993 today to schedule your first no-fuss appointment or ask any questions. Our friendly staff members are here to help!
Keep Your Teeth & Gums Healthy With Routine Care
Dr. Farrell helps keep your smile healthy by offering:
- Dental cleanings and exams to gently rid your teeth of plaque and tartar that you can’t remove on your own and to fully assess your mouth’s condition
- Dental sealants to provide a protective shield over your teeth and prevent decay
- Fluoride treatment and fluoride varnish to combat bacteria, especially for young patients, who are more susceptible to cavities
- Non-surgical gum disease treatment, or scaling and root planing, to eliminate and prevent any gum-related pain, to ensure your gums are free of bacteria, and to preserve the health of your gums and teeth
- Athletic mouthguards, which we customize to perfectly fit your mouth and provide the most comfortable and effective protection during activities
During any potentially uncomfortable procedure, Dr. Farrell will make sure the area of your mouth being worked on is numbed. If you are nervous to visit us, we also offer dental sedation to help you fully relax.